I was interested to hear that some people think I’m breaking the law by doing this ride. I have said before I do feel lucky and a little guilty to have this freedom at the moment.
I want to be clear that I have not been offered, or stayed in anyone’s house with them during lockdown 2. I have however stayed within their grounds. When I have done this we have not eaten, showered or slept together. In fact we have never been closer than at least 2 meters.
According to the governments website:
Quote – Cycling and being active is still strongly encouraged. However, we are suggesting following this guidance:
• Only ride alone, with those in your household/support bubble, or with one person from another household.
• We suggest you exercise locally wherever possible and avoid driving to another location to begin your ride.
• Stay two metres apart from anybody not from your household/support bubble.
• If you are experiencing any coronavirus symptoms, are self-isolating, are sharing a household /support bubble with somebody with symptoms, or have been told to self-isolate after being contacted by NHS Test and Trace, you should stay at home.
• There are no restrictions on how long or how often you can ride, however we recommend that you stay within your ability level and prepare accordingly, especially if you are riding alone.
• For essential journeys, the Government is encouraging people to cycle or walk where possible.
In addition there hasn’t been a day where I haven’t met and talked to at least one person that hasn’t enjoyed a nice, open and honest chat about life….i don’t think I’m breaking the law so for now I think I’ll just keep going….
Over and Out